Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rest of 2007

Here is a summary of the rest of my races in 2007:

10/13/07: Run For Kathy 5k in Bowie, MD 2nd place female OVERALL!! 22:51
This day was interesting as I planned the race as part of a long run for the day. I ran 4 miles before the 5k another 3 afterwards to give me a total of 10 miles that morning. Finding myself in 2nd place was a total bonus! I got a dinner at a fancy resturant in DC that I have yet to use.

11/18/08: Cold Turkey 10k in Edgewater, MD 1st place in age group. 46:26
A challenging course! Event was run very well by the Annapolis Striders (who I have since joined). Won my age group and was awarded a big frozen turkey!

12/9/08: Anniversary 15k in Annapolis MD's Quiet Water Park. 5th in age group. 1:12.58
Through the twists and winding paved trails of the park. It was raining, almost icing/snowing during the race and, obviously, pretty darn cold. Did this one just for fun. Won a big tin of Christmas popcorn! Just barely though. Some fast ladies were out there! Enjoyed having my sister and daughter cheering me on.

No comments: