Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Early 2009 races

Feb. 14, 2009: Valentines Day 5k: 23:07. Was running a nice pace but fell apart the last mile. I attribute this to being fully engaged in marathon training. Had a long run before the race. BUT, Addie also ran the 5k and did great! She ran a 32:48. I am so proud of her.

March 15, 2009: St. Patrick's Day 5k: Brought my running group home for their first 5k finish! They were awesome despite cold and rainy conditions.

March 21, 2009: National Half Marathon: This is where I ran the marathon last year and BQ'ed. Ran a 1:44.35 and was satisfied. Training run for Boston and to see where I am right now. My estimated marathon finish time, based on this race, put me at 3:38. Right where I'd like to finish in Boston. But the question remains on how my ankle will respond when doubling this race distance.

No comments: